The UX Pakistan is a conference about designing holistic user experiences, teaching the latest UX trends and technologies and inspiring UXers to create seamless experiences. This conference is the first edition of its kind organized by UX Pakistan, a forum to talk about latest UX trends and inspiring UXers in Pakistan to design seamless and holistic user experiences.
The UX Pakistan conference is to take place on the 22nd– 23rd April 2017 at LUMS. The two day event is to consist of workshops in website designs, AR/VR, design hackathons and competitions and talks with a stellar line up from leaders of the industry and design professionals. The conference is a great opportunity for startups and UX designers to get their ideas evaluated by professionals.
Read: Hacareem Has Arrived! Careem Invites Tech Magicians for Hackathon in Pakistan
Some of the speakers at the event include:
- Saad Fazil, Co-Founder and Managing Director at VentureDive
- Imran Hussain, VP, User Experience at Visionet Systems / Systems Limited
- Abbas Arslan, Marketing Manager, Coca-Cola at The Coca-Cola Company
- Ahmed Shuja, Founder Obscure UX, Experienced Digital Designer, Developer, Manager, and Mentor, Brisbane, Australia
- Ali Inam, Head of Research and Innovation Unit, PMIU, School Education Department, Government of Punjab
- Dr. Suleman Shahid, Founder UX-Pakistan, Assistant Professor at LUMS and Tilburg University, the Netherlands
- Dr Farrah Arif, Assistant Professor (Marketing & Entrepreneurship) Head, Marketing Functional Group Suleman Dawood School of Business (SDSB) LUMS
- Wajeeha Arshad, Project Architect, Aga Khan Cultural Services
There are different passes for Students, Professionals and the workshop ranging from Rs800, Rs1250, Rs500-2000 respectively.
The event is also to host a design hackathon, where work on real life problems is to done by teams of designers, budding designers and entrepreneurial thinkers will spend a day redesigning a social problem or recreating an experience.
Read: Octo3, Hong Kong’s FinTech Company To Move R&D to Pakistan
Participants will be forming a group of 3 individuals’ maximum per team, and will take out their laptops, grab a pen and a paper and dive into problems. Training workshops are also to be conducting in parallel. The motto of this hackathon is to hack for a change!
At the UX Clinic each startup will be assigned a UX expert for 45 minutes to give feedback on the current user interface and to discuss overall UX strategy. The event is also consist of a startup demo day.
Image source: UX Pakistan