National Incubation Center Islamabad, TeamUp Welcomes 7th Cohort
The National Incubation Center Islamabad brings in their 7th cohort of startups. Led by TeamUp, in partnership with Jazz, NIC Islamabad has selected 18 startups to join this round of incubation cycle. Nearly 750 applications were received, and 82 shortlisted in total. The final selection was made after a rigorous three-days of interviews by panel of industry experts, mentors, and entrepreneurs. The cohort brings in startups from diverse genres and technologies, including Ed-Tech, IoT, Healthcare, Logistics, Augmented Reality and many more.
The teams were called in for a week-long orientation, which includes extensive networking with team and existing startups, and team-building activities including yoga and games.
Read more about the startups incubated at NIC Islamabad, here:
- Move It: A hybrid system designed to streamline freight management in the country.
- DentiNect: Connecting dentists, patients and specialists through a digital platform.
- MYTM: A one-stop solution for purchasing tickets for air travel, bus travel, and cinema. MYTM is developing Pakistan’s first payment gateway, which will be integrated with all banking systems as well as local payment systems like EasyPaisa and Jazz Cash.
- Aam Sawari: A shared economy platform for optimizing route selection and public transport capacity utilization.
- Free Animated Education: A digital platform, presenting primary and secondary school curriculum through use of animations, in major international and regional languages.
- Appointbox: An end-to-end system designed for managing business operations for salons, simultaneously serving as an aggregator for multiple salons, providing visibility to customers and allowing them to book appointments in real-time.
- Work Cycle: A SaaS enabled marketplace offering services across industries while maintaining experience of a vertical marketplace.
- Saving 9: Creating a ‘safety net’ of first aid ‘literate’ citizens and robust emergency response systems.
- Layesha: Providing high quality, real mink fur lashes which match and beat international quality false lashes.
- Havenoid: A home automation startup, developing a system for load management, allowing users to use electricity in an efficient and smart way.
- East Law: Developing the ultimate search engine for law research, helping practitioners and students to improve their legal research.
- TZK: Using AI to develop surveillance systems for data gathering through GPS for Land Information, Area Survey, and other multiple purposes.
- Fuellay: Building a platform for pump managements to put their bad debt experiences for public benefit and gain from community’s experiences. This eco-system automatically builds the needed database of debtors/defaulters against their license plate.
- Merafuture.pk: A platform providing cognitive and technical tests for evaluating students’ aptitude and recommending viable career options accordingly.
- Smart Feet: A non-invasive wearable feet protection device for detecting diabetic ulcer (neuropathy) earlier and quantifying its level.
- Zillion E-Learning: Committed to high quality instructional design and educational new media development, and provides a core deliverable of programs, courses, and learning objects for the distance education, distributed learning, and e-learning markets.
- Opportunities Circle: A platform for providing multiple opportunities, including scholarships, fellowship and exchange programs, internship opportunities and many more, to students and graduates.
- Astral Technologies: An insect-killer device, designed specifically to kill dengue mosquito, in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Both the teams of NIC and incoming startups are in high spirits for starting this exciting journey, and building relationship to extend beyond the one-year incubation cycle for these startups at the incubator. Here’s hoping these startups add value to the ecosystem and make it through the incubation cycle at NIC, successfully.