Much hyped third generation services surfaced Indian Capital yesterday when government-run Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL) launched first Indian 3G network it presence of Mr. Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India
- Video Telephony – Customers will watch and talk simultaneously through Video Call.
- High speed internet for smart-phones and Laptop from 256 Kbps to 2 Mbps.
- Mobile TV
- Location surveillance
- Streaming Video on Demand
- Gaming and so on
- In 3G services, customers can get data speed of up to 2 Mbps, while the highest possible speed in GSM is only 50 Kbps and EDGE is 387 Kbps (this max speed on GSM and EDGE can vary depending on network).
- The usage of GPRS in Pakistan has increased significantly in recent months.
- In 2008, telecom companies were more focused on expanding and optimizing their network rather than investing money in 3G and building a whole new domain from scratch, though it offered promising opportunities and growth potential because the market was completely ready for 3G with the ever speeding mobile internet users.
We have reported several times about current economic down fall in telecom sector, especially after the 2008 budget in July. We know that telecom companies are not in any mood to invest money for 3G license and then network roll out. Instead they are more interested in expanding
By Aamir Attaa