Lahore Garrison University hosted a two-day conference on computer science and information technology, covering a broad array of areas in the field. This includes cybersecurity, robotics, deep learning and artificial intelligence, and other avenues of future development in the realm of Computer Science and Information Technology were discussed by various speakers who were invited to join the event.
Chief Guest at the Conference was Dr. Samar Mubarkmand, Principal Nuclear Scientist, who went on to say that LGU’s mission is to play a leading role in technical and socio-economic development through academics and research, maintaining international quality standards.
The conference looked at answering some difficult questions that are relevant to the local industry. Some of the questions asked at the conference include:
– How to tackle some of the key problems (related to technological advancement) faced by computer scientists and what could possibly be done?
– Why is interdisciplinary science, which studies the societal and technological dimensions of knowledge evolution in a digital society and intelligent systems, important?
LGU has only completed four years this year, and has made a name for itself in this short duration. The conference is part of their effort to highlight the issues that face the field of research and innovations, particularly entailing computer science and information technology.
Research papers presented at the conference included:
- Fritz Bohmler (Germany) – Solar Energy & its Future in Pakistan
- Kamran Hussain (UOL) – ‘Importance of Information Security Risks, Breaches and Countermeasures’
- Haider Abbas (NUST) ‘Cyber Security: A relentless Challenge for an individual to a Nation’
- Noman Naseer (Air University) ‘Neuro-robotics and Brain-computer interface for robotic rehabilitation’
- Wajahat M. Qazi (CIIT) – ‘Quantum Computing for Programming an Artificial Mind’
- Muhammad Arif (PIEAS) – ‘Image and Video Retrieval using Deep Learning’
- Muhammad Anwaar Saeed (Virtual University of Pakistan, Islamabad) ICT based Adaptive Pedagogical System
- Khawar Siddique Khokhar (UMT, Lahore) – A Role of Telecom Regulator under Prevention of Electronic Crimes ACT 2016