The Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) is a pre-eminent annual gathering for entrepreneurs, investors and mentors from all over the world; empowering the entrepreneurs of today and tomorrow to pitch in front of judges and potential investors, build partnerships and much more!
The GES platform also serves as a vital link between governments and the private sector, and convenes global participants to showcase projects, exchange ideas, and champion new opportunities for investment.
The GES 2017 is to take place in Hyderabad India this year between the dates 28th to 30th November 2017. The summit is to highlight the theme Women First, Prosperity for All, and will focus on supporting women entrepreneurs and fostering economic growth globally. Advisor to the President, Ivanka Trump will head the United States delegation to the Summit.
About 1500 individuals have been selected global to participate in the summit this year. The participants will be representing these four sectors: Energy and Infrastructure, Healthcare and Life Sciences, Financial Technology and Digital Economy, and Media and Entertainment. Approximately one third of the entrepreneurs are from the United States, one third is from India, and one third is from other countries around the globe.
Some of the facts that make these individuals stand out according to a press release by GES 2017 are:
- Women will represent 52.5 percent of entrepreneurs, investors and ecosystem supporters at GES 2017. This is the first time that women have been the majority of participants at a GES.
- Women from 127 countries are participating. 10+ countries will be represented by an all-female delegation, including Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, and Israel.
- Overall, participants hail from 150 countries and territories across the world.
- The American entrepreneurs, investors, and ecosystem supporters come from 38 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
- Indian entrepreneurs from the length and breadth of the country will join GES and connect with entrepreneurs and investors from around the world.
- 31.5 percent of entrepreneurs at GES are 30 years old or younger.
- The youngest entrepreneur is 13 and the oldest entrepreneur is 84.
Six entrepreneurs from Pakistan are also to take part in the GES 2017 to be held in India. The delegation of entrepreneurs is sponsored by the Embassy of the United States. Super Savari is one of the six that has been selected to represent Pakistan at the Summit, speaking to IDG Pakistan on the occasion is their Managing Director Atif Bin Arif. He said,
“Our fundamentals of promoting positive image of Pakistan through the means of tourism and Women Empowerment through the means of our female guides remain the paramount topics of discussion for this forum.”
Atif Bin Arif will be chairing panel discussions and will also be looking at bridging the network between two nations through mutual tourism opportunities.
Source: GES Press Release